The Whitsundays this just east of Airlie Beach and easily accessed by Ferry or light aircraft. There are many scattered throughout the area and one of the most famous would have to be Hamilton Island!
Hamilton Island Holiday
Eva and Vlad's holidays at Hamilton Island and the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia - August 2009
CLICK HERE NOW TO VIEW THE HAMILTON ISLAND ACCOMMODATION LIST!
Visit Hamilton Island AustraliaNow could be the perfect time to visit the Whitsunday Islands and Hamilton Island Australia in particular. The recent cyclone, Ului, that hit the northern coastline of Queensland around the Whitsundays has caused some bad publicity for the islands. It hit at the end of March (2010) causing a few of the Whitsunday Islands to be evacuated.
This has in fact put some tourists off visiting the islands, thinking that there might be some devastation.
In fact Cyclone Ului unleashed most of its fury before hitting the coast so most of the islands were unscathed.
This weekend also saw the end of day light saving hours, the official mark of the end of the summer and the approach of winter.
It is at this time of the year that Hamilton Island Australia and the other Whitsunday Islands are at their very best - less rain and lovely warm temperatures.
Hamilton Island Australia is the largest of the inhabited Islands and is loved by couples, families and even the youngsters. Unlike most of the other islands, it offers more than just one resort complex and has an array of things to keep even the fussiest person entertained.
It is perhaps for this reason that Hamilton Island remains one of the most popular of the Whitsunday Islands Australia.
5 Reasons to go to Hamilton Island Now
1) The Weather - May to October is a fabulous time of year to visit the Whitsundays - the weather is at its best - not too hot and less rain than the summer months.
2) There are a few bargains to be had due to the recent cyclone. Hamilton and the other islands need to let everyone know that all is well on the islands. Try Flight Centre for flight and accommodation packages or search on line. (Expedia)
3) The Choice of Accommodation - There is plenty to choose from on Hamilton Island Australia. The action tends to be around either the Marina or the Beach so I'd try to pick accommodation around either of these two areas. Try privately owned villas, usually managed through an agent, for a more affordable option or some of the larger hotels who may have rooms at excellent prices.
4) The wide range of activities - Of course you can dive and snorkel and go out to the Great Barrier Reef from here but there are also plenty of things on the island to keep you entertained. There is a Koala park, a gym, bush walking, lots of swimming pools to which you have access, enjoy cocktails at the lookout point at sunset - simply stunning.
5) Get away from everything- This really is an idyllic tropical island where you will feel away from it all. If you just want to relax and enjoy the sunshine, then this is also the place the for you
Hamilton Island Australia is a little piece of luxury. With direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, it's also one of the easiest tropical island getaways from Australia. What are you waiting for?
View Original article here
If you are searching for a list of hotels, resorts, and a broad range of accommodation then click here now!
I hope you enjoyed the article above Hamilton Island Family Holidays Visit the Whitsundays
This place is fantastic for a holiday for any reason whether it be with just the family or a romantic Getaway!
Actually any of Islands of the Whitsundays would be a great choice! The advantage of Hamilton Island is that it’s not just a resort Island so there is plenty to do for everyone!